1. Information Collected
TAF collects information that you voluntarily provide to us. Examples of personal information that we collect may include, but are not limited to your name, address, telephone number, Social Security number, email address, birth date, gender, race, credit card information, income information, health information and other personally identifiable information (collectively, the “Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you:
- • Fill in forms on the Site, including when you register to use the Site or request services;
- • Contact us;
- • Donate; or
- • Otherwise interact with or contact TAF.
- • To provide, and to communicate with you about, our services, specifically to determine eligibility and to provide qualifying patients with assistance for certain out-of-pocket health care costs;
- • To perform services requested by you;
- • To improve customer service by being able to respond to your requests and support needs more efficiently;
- • To personalize user experience by using aggregated information and your feedback to understand how to improve our Site;
- • To send periodic emails to you. Please see Section 11, “Opt Out of Communications” below to learn how to opt-out of communications;
- • To help us establish and verify the identity of users;
- • To maintain the security and integrity of our systems; or
- • To fulfill any other purposes at your direction or with your consent.
- • Third Party Service Providers, including outside contractors, auditors, consultants or others hired by TAF to help us in operating our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, including technical and processing services and analysis of Site performance.;
- • Pharmacies, in order to process payments;
- • Health care providers and their staffs, and to a pharmacy, employer, insurance company and/or other persons or entities working on your or your patient’s behalf to obtain eligible treatment or therapy.
- • If TAF is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred;
- • If disclosure is necessary to enforce any other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes or to establish or exercise our right defend against legal claims;
- • For any other purpose disclosed by TAF when you provide the information or with your consent.
2. Use and Disclosure of Information
TAF may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
TAF does not sell, trade, rent or share your identifying information (including your email address) with third parties unless we receive your permission or we are required to do so by law, or we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, a legal process served on TAF or to resolve any potential fraud or perceived irregularity in any audits of the accuracy of any documentation or information submitted to TAF by you or on your behalf, as deemed appropriate by TAF. We may disclose your Personal Information to the following:
TAF may use “cookies”, or small text files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies ensure that our Site’s content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer. You can decline cookies by activating a setting on your browser. If you choose to decline cookies, this may limit the functionality of our Site. Many web browsers allow for the use of a “Do Not Track” function to inform websites that you do not want your online activities tracked. TAF’s Site currently does not recognize the various web browser “Do Not Track” signals.
4. Making A Donation
When you make an online donation, we collect Personal Information such as your name, billing address, credit card information and email address. This information is used to acknowledge receipt of your donation for tax purposes and possibly to include you on TAF’s mailing list unless you elect to be removed from that list. When you send a donation in honor or in memory of someone and request that an acknowledgement be sent to another individual or family, we will use the name and address of that individual or family for acknowledgement purposes only.
5. Security Methods
TAF has implemented commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative security measures to protect your Personal Information, including a secure firewall and use of security infrastructure. As an additional security measure, your Personal Information is also encrypted during transmission using SSL security, an industry standard secure technology. SSL encryption is indicated on your Web browser by the display of a lock or key on the browser status bar. Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of the data sent to us electronically and transmission of the data is entirely at your own risk.
6. Storage of Personal Information in the United States
All of the information that you provide to TAF will be stored and processed in the United States. If you access our Site from a location outside of the United States, please be aware that the laws in the United States may not offer the same degree of privacy protection as the laws in your jurisdiction. We do not knowingly collect personal information about individuals residing in the European Union. If you believe we have collected or processed personal information about any individuals residing in the European Union, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Access and Choice
You have choices about the collection and use of your personal information. You may choose not to provide certain information, but please be advised that you may no longer be able to take advantage of TAF’s services. You can view, update, and delete certain Personal Information about you and your interactions with TAF. Please see Section 14, “Contact Information,” below for information on contacting us. If you choose to email us, please put “Personal Information Request” in the subject line. In order to process your request, we may be required to verify your identity.
If you receive email or other communications for us and wish to opt-out, please email us at email@example.com with a subject line “opt-out.” Please provide specific information about what address you wish to opt-out.
TAF has certain programs that provide support to children under the age of 13 (each a “Child” and collectively, “Children”). As a result, we may collect certain Personal Information about children under the age of 13 from the child’s parents or legal guardians (collectively, “Parents”). The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) requires us to inform Parents about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing Personal Information about Children.
Our Site is not directed at Children nor do we intend on collecting Personal Information directly from Children. We only intend to collect Personal Information from Parents about a Child and we only collect as much information about a Child as is reasonably necessary for the Child to receive the support of our programs.
9. California Visitors
California law allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices may contact us.
10. Links to Other Websites
11. Opt Out of Communications
To stop receiving print mail and/or email communications from TAF please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (855) 845-3663.
12. Retention of Information
TAF will only retain your Personal Information for as long as we deem reasonably necessary or as long as required by law.
13. Policy Amendments
14. Contact Information
Effective Date: December 1, 2016
Last Update: October 20, 2020
Need help finding something?